Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Doing Good Feels Good

I have a strong passion for doing good things for others. It's somewhat selfish of me, because it makes me feel good to help others! I also think it's important to teach my students that part of being a good citizen, which is part of our first grade curriculum, is also doing good things for others.

To help teach my students about compassion, caring, generosity, humility, and other good citizenship characteristics, we do many charitable events every year. The ideas range from donating using pencils for recycling, to holding a lemonade stand to find a cure for cancer. (See our lemonade war wiki for all the info on the lemonade stand!)

I have created a page on my class wiki where I include information on what we do, and other ideas for student involved community service projects. Click HERE to visit the page.

I'd love to know what your school does for community service projects, or other good citizenship or compassionate activities.  Please leave a community to share your ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated!