Friday, March 1, 2013

Imma Be Passing the STAAR

...well maybe not with grammar like that!  ;)  Last year, as schools all over Texas prepared to take the STAAR test for the first time, the admin. at my school thought it would be more fun for the staff to train each other, than for them to read from the manual. Grades K-2 were challenged with creating fun ways to teach STAAR testing procedures to the upper grades. At the time, the song "Imma Be" by the Black Eyed Peas was everywhere! So, I had a Ron Clark inspired idea to write my own lyrics to the "Imma Be" song about the STAAR test. Then, I got some 5th graders to help me learn it and "sing/rap???" it. ;) We are not skilled rappers by any means, but it was a lot of fun! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated!