Monday, August 13, 2012

Awesome Remote Desktop Tool: Splashtop

Splashtop has so much potential for iPad usage in the classroom!

Splashtop allows you to use your iPad to access your laptop or desktop computer. It can be a computer connected to your SMARTboard, or not. You could be walking around the classroom checking your students' work, while showing them how to do something on the SMARTboard, all wirelessly!





You will need to download the app in iTunes, and you'll need to "get the streamer" from the Splashtop homepage. The app is only $2.99 right now, which I think is a steal considering all the functionality it allows for!

The streamer will walk you through how to sync your computer to your iPad. You'll name your computer, and create a password to protect your computer from others syncing without your permission.

I plan to use this app with my team of first grade teachers when we are working on lesson plans. Now, as I type our lesson plan ideas, my team can watch what I'm typing on their iPads!

Check out this quick overview video:

Here is more of a tutorial video:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated!